e s c a l a
Seminar - XML and Web Services Overview
This seminar provides a high-level overview of XML and important associated
technologies including Web Services. The main topics cover: XML syntax and
structure, validation using DTD and XML Schema,
XSL-Formatting Objects for production of print-oriented output, Web Service
technologies SOAP, WSDL, UDDI. The seminar explains how XML is used for both
document and data driven applications.
Who should attend:
Managers, architects, project managers, team leaders.
- to understand nature and background of XML
- to introduce XML-related technologies
- to introduce validation technologies: DTD & XML Schema
- to introduce processing and transformation technologies: DOM, SAX, XSLT
- to gain an awareness of some of XML applications and vocabularies
- to introduce Web Services, Service Oriented Architecture, WSDL and UDDI
- to gain an awareness of the most widely used XML tools
An appreciation of the Internet and WWW.
- History, Standards, Organizations, Background
- XML Syntax and Document Structure
- Document Validation - DTD & XML Schema
- Standard Implementations - Vocabularies
- Document Validation - XML Schema
- XSL, XSLT XSL-FO - Declarative Transformation
- Parsing XML: DOM & SAX
- Overview of Tools & Utilities
- Web Services, SOAP, WSDL, UDDI
- XML Based Technologies
On successful completion of this seminar:
Attendees will be able to appreciate the wide range of uses, positioning,
processing and transformations of XML, and be introduced to the most significant
XML associated technologies.
For more information, please email your queries to us, please see our contacts